How can you easily harness the energy of eager consumers looking to kickstart their wellness routine—or fall back into a fitness habit? “Optimizing your studio properties online is a great place to start,” says Connie Holen, digital strategist and web designer from Pixality Design. “Low-hanging fruit, including search, social, and signage, can directly influence visibility.”
In a competitive market where your studio needs to be discoverable now more than ever, it’s crucial to prioritize the tasks that enable your studio to be found by the deal shoppers, the gift givers, and the resolution makers (especially ahead of a new year). “97% of consumers find a local business online, and 92% will pick a business on the first page of Google,” said Holen. So what can you do now to capture traffic ahead of the new year? It starts with Pixality’s End-of-Year Marketing Checklist as a guide.
According to Holen, “completing one to two tasks a week puts you in a great position for success.” So here are seven items on how you can get started, capture new clients—and help your studio rank!
1. Update Google Business Profile (photos, hours, features, FAQ, respond to reviews)
- The more information for Google to use, the better!
- Make sure your studio information on Google is current and up-to-date.
2. Include service + location on studio website home page title
- Service and location (i.e., “yoga in San Diego”) are most commonly searched by future clients.
3. Check the main headline on your website is compelling and contains service + location
- Even though you may have many offerings, being less abstract with primary service type is better for search.
4. Ensure that studio name, address, and phone number are on every page (and match Google listing)
- This will help with SEO!
5. Review your Instagram profile (and other social media accounts, if applicable) and make sure it contains service + location and CTA
- Remember, profile details and bio are searchable information.
6. Check your website—is the path to becoming a new client clear?
- Are your studio photos current? Can you tweak headlines to be more compelling?
7. Order and update signage (window posters, etc.)
- Do you need new large signage? User-friendly imagery with QR codes? If so, order those now.